Monday, January 4, 2010

Where'd the Holidays Go?

Christmas was great! Brett and I drove 14hrs to surprise my family up in Canada. We left the 23rd right after work and got there Christmas Eve afternoon. It was so fun to see the look on my families faces when they saw us. No on had a clue that we were going to be there, it was totally worth the drive.

We spent Christmas at my grandparents house (my mom's parents) and all my cousins, uncles, and aunts were there. It was the first time in a while that we all were together. So we spent a lot of time playing games, eating delicious food, and just chillin.

Brett and I were able to stay for 5 days that just seemed to go by way too fast. I would post pictures of the festivities, however we lost our camera somewhere in the house and had to leave before we could find it. But isn't it funny that as soon as we left (well more like 4 hrs after leaving) my mom calls us telling us she had found our camera. So I guess she will just have to mail it to us or something.

Anyways, I love being able to spend time with family. I feel blessed to have the families that I do have. Now if we all could just live a little closer...

New years was spent with my brother in law and my sisters in law, as well as my soon to be brother in law. We all went out for dinner then came back to the house and played some games. My mother in law got this new game for Christmas called Witts and Wagers, its really fun. So we spent most of the evening playing that game. It was a good low key new years.

No comments: