Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our Home


Here are some pictures of our house. It was built in the 70's, and everything in the house, except the kitchen, was pretty much from that era when we bought it.
I know it has been way too long since I last said I would put them up. I wanted the house to be completely done and decorated before I posted these, but reality hit me, and who even knows when everything will be done.
I wish I had my before photos to show the difference, but I don't have them with me. Anyways, we still have a lot of work to do, but we've made progress.
We closed on the house in January, and that night we went to work tearing down wallpaper and putting up can lights. I swear we did more work in the 3 weeks before we moved in, than the 8 months we have lived here. :) But overall I'm impressed with what we have accomplished.

The Kitchen


The Dining room. We replaced all the sliding glass doors with french doors, so much better for many reasons.



Living room


The living room again.


The entry way



Master Bedroom. We put those french doors in, but we need to still finish the trim and baseboards.


The Basement.

This will be a long process to finish, considering we still have work to do upstairs.


The basement kitchen


As you can see, our house is still in progress. I wish I had my before pictures to show ya'll just how much we have accomplished. It's definitely been a ride with a lot of ups and downs, but mostly ups. You don't realize how long it takes until you're in the thick of it.
I'll eventually get around to posting the befores (when I get them off moms camera), along with the new afters, once I've started to decorate the house.
We're grateful to have a place to call our own, and we feel very blessed. We love our neighbours, our ward, and everything about our location. As Brett would put it, "We're living the American dream."